View Single Post
Roach
Writes love letters to sawce Daily
Old 12-24-2007 , 20:29   Re: Pawn Studio 0.8 is out!

Most of the bugtesting that I did was for the SourcePawn code side of PStudio, and I probably did not get all of the bugs. It's kinda difficult to bug-test new versions every day w/ a tight school schedule. That being said, I hope I grabbed as many of the bugs as I could in the 7 months of testing and releases that Basic-Bacon here gave me.

A few notes from a helpful tester though:

1) Make sure that your baconization's are working properly. If you would like to submit a baconization, please send a link to it as a PM in my inbox for further review. Baconizations are under the Help menu.

2) BE SURE TO SET YOUR COMPILERS BEFORE CODING. If you are finding some features aren't working, this is most likely why. Calltips and so forth will pop provided your compilers are set and your include files are in the right place. With the past few versions I have NOT had any issues with these.

3) We have not had this happen lately, but because this is a Release candidate version, please keep this in the back of your head. If the program suddenly "hangs" for a few seconds, completely randomly, as you are typing code, and then kinda slows down incrementally as you are typing, you need to do two things for us. First, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and check and see if your memory usage for PStudio is out of whack (your CPU is most likely at 99-100%), and second, remember what you were doing when the hang occurred. Re-write the EXACT same set of code you were writing and see if it occurs again. If it does, come on into IRC (see below).

If you need MAJOR support w/ PStudio, come to irc.gamesurge.net #gaben. You can find myself and Basic-Master (when he is online) in there, as well as some other alpha-testers who have been working with the builds as they have been coming out. I'll offer what support I can, as well as help in reproducing bugs, flagging down Basic-Master if he isn't in the channel, and any other odds and ends relating to ONLY PStudio!!

Just remember that Basic-Master is only human...so be sure to harp on every fault and screw up he makes in programming this thing as much as possible!
Now replace the word "good" with "dumb".
What was your rationale for proposing such a thing?

Last edited by Roach; 12-25-2007 at 12:06.