Thread: Armoury Manager
View Single Post
Bugsy
AMX Mod X Moderator
Old 02-01-2016 , 16:29   Re: Armoury Manager
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Hi Bugsy, good code. Looks like you spend a quite some time on it. But if you still interest, I have some ideas:
  1. To have unlimited entities using a dynamic array instead of static. Change example:
Thanks, but I do not need a scripting tutorial from you, I know how to use dynamic arrays. The plugin is in its early stages and going into it I thought 100 is more than enough. If I hear reports of people hitting the max, I will then consider options to increase the max entities.
Quote:
  1. To use the newer 'client_disconnected' when compiling at the AMXX 183. Snippet:
    Code:
    #if AMXX_VERSION_NUM < 183 public client_disconnect( id ) #else public client_disconnected( id ) #endif {
I personally do not want to use pre-compiler directives in code for 1.8.3 things unless it is absolutely worth it. Once it is stable/official, I will begin using that.
Quote:
  1. To put the small menu functions 'ShowTypeMenu' and 'ShowCountMenu' a little up on the code after 'SaveAndResetVars', because they are now 9 functions away from its caller separed by big functions as 'DeleteConfig', 'DisableManager', 'EnableManager' and 'RoundStart'.
I don't see the point with this, I think it is fine. I put non-public functions below the public functions, it's just how I did it and I have no problems navigating through the code/functions.
Quote:
  1. Code:
    //Shows a MOTD status of any entities that have been created or changed. The MOTD character limit is too low to allow displaying //every entity on a map that has > ~12 entities. public DisplayInfo( id , level , cid ) {
    If I understand correctly, you could write various 'motd_page1.html', 'motd_page2.hmtl', etc, on disk and create links between them. Ex: [Page fotter] Next page - Previous page - First Page - Last Page. So, you could show all weapons working around this limitation using several pages, instead of just one big and scrollable one.
This I do agree with and will do.