View Single Post
MoggieX
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2008 , 20:47   Auto Name Changer - "unnamed"/New Player Name [23rd Jun 08]
Reply With Quote #1

Auto Name Changer

Purpose
We were all "unnamed" once and this plug-in automatically changes a players name when they connect (and only connect) to something a little more useful to a newbie, such as:

Press ESC > Options > Set Name

This plugin now has the option to change the name as a cvar, thus for example you wanted to auto change the name in Eternal Silence, alter the convar sm_autoname_ntc to "ES Newbie"

I had been using a simple script using the sm_name command and thought it was about time I did it properly as I cannot be on 12 game servers at the same time.

Convars
sm_autoname_version - Version duh
sm_autoname_name - This is set to "Press ESC > Options > Set Name" by default
sm_autoname_ntc - Default: "unnamed" - Change this to "ES Newbie" if using Eternal Silence mod

Installation
Pop the autonamechanger.smx file in your <mod dir>/addons/scourcemod/plugins directory

Notes
I never intend for this plug-in to check for people changing their name to unnamed while in game, only when they connect; That is not the aim of this plug-in at all [checking for chnages]. Its there to HELP a new n00blet.

Suggestions
Open to all with the exclusion of the above

Version History
1.0 - First release
2.0 - Now checks anywhere in the name for "unnamed", thus if a player with the name of "(1000001)unnamed" connects, it gets changed. Although only likely to be "(1)unnamed" or "(2)unnamed".
3.0 - Updated with new cvar to change the name to be checked as the mod requires

Thanks To
Tsunami & a the layout from one of bl4nk's plug-ins
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (autonamechanger.sp - 8442 views - 2.6 KB)

Last edited by MoggieX; 06-23-2008 at 15:07. Reason: I am a nub
Send a message via Skype™ to MoggieX