View Single Post
Lux
Veteran Member
Old 08-05-2021 , 22:34   Re: [L4D/L4D2]WeaponHandling_API(22/04/2021 - 1.0.6)
Reply With Quote #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerouha View Post
The plugin is amazing; now pistols aren't completely useless when incapacitated.

However, some animation drawbacks show up when alpplying wh_deploy_animation_speed

This is especially noticeable with Magnum and melee (katana, tonfa...) standard deploy animations - it looks like the weapon is completely drawn but you still can't fire/swing it for some time. And if you counter by decreasing the delay in weapon script, it starts looking funny.

It would be great to be able to fire weapons before draw animation "officially" ends. Maybe it's possible to change the speed of _layer animation separately?

Also, if you edit the reload time for (any) pistols, "reload_emplty" will take the same time as "reload".
PHP Code:
// 1 = (match deploy animation speed to the "DeployDuration" keyvalue in weapon_*.txt) 0 = (ignore "DeployDuration" keyvalue in weapon_*.txt and matches deploy speed to animation speed) before being modified -1(do nothing)
// -
// Default: "1"
// Minimum: "-1.000000"
// Maximum: "1.000000"
wh_deploy_animation_speed "1" 
you can just use -1 it preserves valve's way of firing mid way though drawing and lets you edit the "DeployDuration" key anyway which wont effect the anim speedup.

as for reloading the game calculates the reload from the animation duration.

Commission me for L4D