Old 01-07-2012 , 11:48   Re: Crowbar Frag Announcer
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibu View Post
- Cache msgid (ScreenFade)
Simply save msg handler?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPaw View Post
  • You're checking weapon wrongly. Instead of doing that check, just do "3=1" param in register_event, which will check if weapon is crowbar.
The third parameter is string TruncatedWeaponName, so "3=crowbar" works just fine! Thank you!

Quote:
  • Use get_user_name() instead of pev_netname, you won't need to use fakemeta then.
Ok! Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibu View Post
Don't know though if the cvars are registered fine. However I would do it like other plugins. With your way, you can change the cvar in-game but it will have effect after a mapchange.
Quote:
  • Why you cache cvars in plugin_init, it would be perfectly fine to check the cvars on the go; otherwise it would require to restart the server in order to get the changes.
It's just that I believe it takes some time to check the cvars via get_pcvar_num() on every death event. And I want it to work fast, so I tried to check them only once. There's no need to be able to change those settings in-game, anyway. Still, I will fix it as you guys say.

Quote:
  • Your speak_num looks very strange. Why not just use num_to_word( counter, ... );
Again, thank you! Didn't know the num_to_word() is that smart!
Send a message via ICQ to Miley Demasturbot