View Single Post
Tank Missile
Old 03-26-2015 , 23:21   Re: RELEASE | SPEdit - a lightweight sourcepawn editor - NEW: Lysis & Dissassembler
Reply With Quote #23

Loving the editor so far. It's a needed improvement to Pawn Studio, which was buggy as hell and crashed by doing the smallest thing. A couple gripes I have with it though:

- Every time there's an update, my configurations and settings get reset.

- The icon for smx and sp files are exactly the same. It becomes hard to differentiate them.

- When searching for a directory to use for includes, copying, etc, there are no "directory search" buttons like other programs have.

- The Commandline boxes can not be re-sized, making it hard to read more than 3 lines of batch code.

- Viewing the references ({editordir, {scriptdir}, etc) for the Commandline is slightly annoying since I have to expand a list rather than seeing them in broad view.

- When updating, having to start the program, and then shut it off seems a little finicky. It also seems more logical to re-display the installer gui for configuring newly added features (smx file association, etc) so that I don't have to download the newest installer manually.

- "Reset all Settings to default" should ask if your sure you really want to do this, since its so easy to accidentally click it and erase your settings. Also, why do I need to restart the editor to do that?

- Actions such as save, undo, redo, etc, should be displayed in some kind of tool bar instead of having to memorize keys.

- There is no way to close the "Find & Replace" dialog box.

Last edited by Tank Missile; 03-26-2015 at 23:59.