View Single Post
Cuthbert
Old 02-09-2010 , 11:11   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Hunter Cull Jump in Versus
Reply With Quote #5

Pretty great plugin. I don't really understand the above point about alternating pounce/jump (sploit?), but I have a couple suggestions along similar lines:

-- There's a timer on these jumps that prevents you from chaining them together jumps and performing wall-jumps, which I think is a shame because darting from wall to wall is the best evasion tactic, and evade is generally what you're trying to do when you're doing this jump. Could the timer be removed?

-- It's true that you don't get any air unless you're aiming pretty high. Again, when you're using this move you're usually in flight mode, and having to mind the placement of your aim reticule is bothersome. Can the jump be made to carry you forward without your feet sticking?

I think changing the jump in these ways would make it more like the pounce, more intuitive and useful. I know it would put the Hunter at a significant advantage in terms of maneuvering, but I really think that advantage should be his anyway, with the nerfed pounce damage he has in this game. Thanks again.