View Single Post
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 04-04-2019 , 09:55   Re: [TF2] Econ Data (supercedes TF2IDB, TF2ItemsInfo) (0.7.1, 2019-03-21)
Reply With Quote #9

Thanks, everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drixevel View Post
the API it offers
Personally, I really like how TF2Econ_GetItemList turned out; really nice to have a functional approach for that. I shouldn't be too surprised at how performant it is considering I use a similar amount of forward calls in another project, but I still am.

The raw KeyValues and direct address getters are also handy to work around API limitations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
(Compatibility layer when?)
Not against a separate plugin as a compatibility layer; main blocker at the moment is fleshing out the API. Library design is hard when I'm trying to keep the API clean (difficult to anticipate needs when it's stuff I'll rarely use myself, if ever).

I'll probably hold off on native adapters for TF2ItemsInfo / TF2 Item DB until I've attained feature parity, though the port guide is up to date if someone wants to tackle that themselves.

----

That said: 0.9.0 has been released with some basic attribute support. A bit more barebones than the item support. I have no clue what the use case is for reading attribute definitions (if any plugins even use that at all), so at the moment there are only the basic accessors in addition to reading static attribute definition / value pairs from item definitions.

Let me know if there's any relevant features any of you would like to see added to attribute support (or other future additions).

Last edited by nosoop; 04-04-2019 at 11:02.