View Single Post
Lubricant Jam
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-10-2018 , 05:06   Re: [ANY] CallAdmin - Extended Report Mod
Reply With Quote #1770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impact123 View Post
The steam module gets its group data from urls like https://steamcommunity.com/groups/va...slistxml?xml=1. I'm not sure how this is ordered. The group is only used to retrieve members, messagebot itself will not interact with it. The bot does not need to be in the group. The way MessageBot works, simplified of course, is that it logs in, iterates over all its friends in a loop (including pending requests), checks that their id matches one of the recipients, accepts them as a friend if not already and sends a message to them if they are online. If there's an error the loop stops, preventing further messages and an error is logged. Some errors go directly to sourcemod's error logs, others go to the steam module which logs them to calladmin.log. yours seem to have come from calladmin's own file. We limited the list of recipients to 150 because we thought that is a sensible amount. We never tested with more than a few people and left it to the people who can. MessageBot itself is more of dordnung's speciality but if you want you can pm me your steam profile and we try to analyze this a bit.
Thanks for the explanation, didn't know it worked that way. I've always had to manually accept friend requests, guess that's another thing that doesn't work for me.

I've sent you a PM with my steam.