View Single Post
Marxmodder
Old 05-23-2020 , 07:05   Re: [EXTENSION][L4D2] Left4Fix (2.0.2)
Reply With Quote #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathilde View Post
Rookie question(kind of related to nandofs'.
left4fix.ext.2.l4d2 & left4fix.autoload are in both present in "extensions"; left4fix.sig.txt is in "gamedata" but left4fix is not in meta list. Is that normal?
I had the exact same issue recently. The cause of the error was rather stupid... I downloaded the left4fix.sig.txt using the following link https://github.com/spumer/Left4Fix/b...ft4fix.sig.txt in Google Chrome (right click -> save as). But the downloaded file was way bigger than the left4fix.sig.txt file on github. Somehow Chrome added a lot of lines. So I just opened a new file with notepad++ and manually copied the content of the left4fix.sig.txt file from github to it and saved it as left4fix.sig.txt. Then the addon was loaded properly and it was listed in "meta list" and loaded without errors.

Check that with "sm exts list".
The error message was: <FAILED> file "left4fix.ext.2.l4d2.dll": Could not read left4fix.sig.txt: A property was declared outside of a section.

My system:
Windows 10
left4fix 2.0.1 (left4fix.autoload and left4fix.ext.2.l4d2.dll in extensions folfer, left4fix.sig.txt in gamedata folder)
metamod 1.10
sourcemod 1.10
L4D2 dedicated server patch version 2.1.5.5

Last edited by Marxmodder; 05-23-2020 at 07:11.