Thread: No Name Change
View Single Post
OciXCrom
Veteran Member
Old 10-15-2017 , 09:08   Re: No Name Change
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
For a simple plugin like this, you can easily release a version that doesn't require any special includes.
If someone wants to run it on a game that doesn't support colorchat, I'll release such a version. This is not my only plugin that uses colorchat, so I definitely won't edit all plugins that do if there's currently no need for it.

Quote:
Not all mods support color chat so you either need to change the "Modification" for this plugin to something other than "All" or release one that doesn't use color chat.
There's no option to select multiple mods, is there? If I set it to "Counter-Strike", that won't be true either, so "All" is the best choice here IMO.

Quote:
Also, please attach the plugin source code like every other plugin that has been submitted here.
Why? There are 0 benefits from doing that and a ton of disadvantages.
  • Can you compile the plugin? No, because it has a custom include.
  • Can you compile the ReAPI version of it? No, because the ReAPI libraries are not there.
  • Can you compile it if it uses AMXX 1.8.3? No, because the compiler is running on 1.8.1.
  • Is publishing a new version of the plugin easier that way? Absolutely not. This is not the only place I publish my plugins, so I'd rather choose not to upload them here at all rather than having to do it manually every time which will eventually result in me giving up on updating it here, so people will download an outdated version.
  • Can you download and use the plugin at the moment? Yes, so your suggestion is pointless.

Quote:
P.S. The obnoxious link images are simply that. One rule states to not disrupt the readability of the thread which I think this qualifies. Using normal links would be much less disorienting.
If you want to find the download link, you usually scroll to the very bottom of the post and you see a big DOWNLOAD button, which is exactly what I have done. I don't see how a small download text is easier to find than a normal-sized image.