View Single Post
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 10-23-2014 , 09:23   Re: Entity Resources Replacement[ OKAPI ]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by yokomo View Post
Actually just put "String Replacement" in your thread tittle, it just change string.

This replacement is for global. The plugin from GHW is better because you can replace string > original. I believe every community has it own sound/models/sprites folder, and of course they want use their own path (sound/picollo/mysound.wav). Your plugin is limited and i don't think this is useful. You can do with Opheu too, see http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=117930

Very simple right.
Some users may not know what a string is, the current name is just fine. How could you say what GHW's is better ? Speacking about restrictions, yes, his one doesn't has many restriction, but considering his code it's very inneficient, using old file natives, using currentweapon and so on. I know it can be done with orpheu, but why creating a signature when with okapi I need just one line ? If the sound has not a plugin that's using it you can short it's name, this is no problem, and if it has already one what's the point in using my plugin ? So, this is not a problem. Of course, you can consider it's useless, but this won't stop me from updating this.