View Single Post
SuperShadow
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-12-2010 , 08:15   Re: Logs, SourceMod, Psychostats and weaponstats
Reply With Quote #3

I’m wondering why you still run Psychostats?

Stormtrooper has gone on hiatus and there are no other active developers on the project. The forums contain a lot of people seeking solutions to problems, but few people that can provide the answers.

Everything provided by Psychostats is also in HLstatsX:CE, plus the stats are as near real time as possible. There is also has a very active development and help community. The in game plug-in comes with it, so it works better then looking for a third party solution which Psychostats needs. If you can successfully run Psychostats, then HLStatsX:CE will also run on your servers. The best part about it is that they both cost the same.

I used to run Psychostats, but when Stormtrooper posted that he was stopping work on version 4 and left version 3.2 unfinished I switched. With one installation of HLstatsX:CE, I covered the stats on five game servers which needed five different installations of Psychostats. It also allowed me to add our L4D and L4D2 servers which Psychostats doesn’t work with.

If you want to check it out, you'll find a link to their site in psyconic’s signature.