View Single Post
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 03-01-2021 , 19:31   Re: [CS:GO] No Dupe Account (1.2.1, 2021-02-24)
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxsay View Post
Can you pull hour information if the user has private/ game info hidden from the account? Those things were made because of GDPR data protection law in theory plugin then couldn't obtain such information?

I'm trying to understand how to set this upright so I don't end up losing players only because I deny access to the private / game info hidden profiles.

Nvm Got it you made this well that it depends on many checks just in case sorry for not paying attention
I don’t recommend setting the playtime check as required if you are afraid of losing players that don’t want to show their playtime, but as you said, this plugin was made to rely on much more techniques, most of which should not cause too much problems to players

If you have any other question, feature request or bug to report, feel free to post another comment!
You don’t need to apologise haha - thanks for using and trusting my plugin

And to answer your question, no afaik it’s not possible to retrieve playtime if user’s profile/games are hidden UNLESS they are shown to friends and the user is friend with the one who created the API Key. Those who really want to could create a steam bot that auto accepts invites to retrieve user’s playtime, but let’s be honest, it’s too much, and players probably won’t be okay with that either way

Last edited by azalty; 03-01-2021 at 19:35.