View Single Post
azalty
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-15-2022 , 08:29   Re: [CSGO, CSS] ENT_Hosties 4.2.2fix - [2020. 12. 02]
Reply With Quote #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4ryuu View Post
Sples1 is out of development as the signature says with huge text. So we started to rebuild all the projects from scratch. Hosties will be also re-created, since it's ancient and not optimised. Also dont say "You guys" since I have zero contact with Sples. thanks
Weird to say that because the repo was made public, and the owner is Sples1.
They also state that they are in your Kitsune Lab organisation. Shouldn't you be in contact?
The website copyright is also under their username, so they clearly have an important place in your organisation.

I don't want drama, what I only want is making good plugins available to the members of the SourceMod community. This story is very fishy.

The reason I wasn't accepted back in the days is probably because your discord states "We don't want to equitably distribute our creative works with ungrateful people."
I hope it doesn't mean what I think it could mean. Is that the reason why Hosties was made private?

If you want to distribute Hosties only to your gated community, I might as well just fork it and make it available for everyone because that's what SourceMod and free software is about.

Charity before profit.

Last edited by azalty; 05-15-2022 at 08:30.