View Single Post
meTaLiCroSS
Gaze Upon My Hat
Old 06-21-2015 , 00:39   Re: ReHLDS, Reverse-engineered HLDS
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by fysiks View Post
It's not that the community doesn't support no-steam, it's that the community does not support any HLDS that is not the official HLDS. Are you sure it's not a copyright violation to reverse engineer HLDS?
Copyright violation? Well, you saw Alfred's response on last OpenHLDS thread, who started an user time ago.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...9&postcount=10

What's going to happen is: Alfred will ask for dreamstalker's purpose on doing this, and that can be solved by just looking up thread's introduction. gg

So, get all those damnit things out of here, this is actually insane and really nice. Also, he did it with the same restrictions as default HLDS.

In case of allowing no-steam clients, would be easier to install dproto on a legit server? So what is the complain? Is someone here "supporting" this? Is he forcing users to test it? He's providing a nice link which is out of this forum, and everybody here is able to be friendly (like you) with him and help to test him, posting or not here. I mean, I appreciate his work, and also, Valve should do it, since it's providing a lot of fixes that original HLDS should implement. That's more than a valid reason.