View Single Post
boink
Old 03-20-2022 , 08:55   Re: [CS:GO] [BETA] Chaos Mod
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandervraun View Post
I think maybe if you set the time of them to maybe 2 minutes(120 sec) in duration.. They would be a lot cooler. Currently they run for like 5-15 seconds, and then turn off.. Then after 5-10 seconds it runs a new random gamemode.
So the duration of each effect is defined in Chaos_Effects.cfg, so if you wanted to customise each effect you can do it there (Or checkout the Config README for a bit more info on how to adjust these in-game.

There is a ConVar available called "sm_chaos_override_duration", you can set this to override the config and set ALL effects to run for X amount of seconds, for example, "sm_chaos_override_duration 120" would force ALL effects to run for 2 minutes.

Quote:
The Chicken spawning games, does not spawn any chickens.
The soccer mode does not spawn any soccerballs. Don't know if it is because I am using custom map for my server.
Yeah so the issue would be the plugin running on a custom map, it relies on coordinates within Chaos_Locations.cfg to spawn props in random areas such as chickens and soccerballs, I have listed all the currently supported maps here that have locations saved. I will soon release a side plugin that will allow you to add locations to your own custom maps with ease. I'll also make sure in the next fix that the effects don't actually run if the coordinates don't exist for that map.

Quote:
Rapid fire gives me 0 recoil for some reason? Don't know if that is meant to be like so.
Correct, when testing this, the recoil at that speed made all weapons somewhat unplayable, perhaps I'll look into reducing the recoil scale rather than having no recoil at all.

Quote:
When disabling the chaos mod it still removes my bunnyhop on my server unfortunately
I'll also fix this to make sure no ConVars are reset if the plugin is disabled. I'll experiment a few ideas I have to avoid touching the servers configs (eg. fall damage and bunnyhop)

Thanks again for all your feedback!