View Single Post
minimoney1
SourceMod Donor
Old 05-29-2012 , 00:05   Re: [ANY|TF2] Advanced Advertisements
Reply With Quote #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11530 View Post
Awesome, thanks for the info minimoney1, and for taking the time to do this plugin.

Quick question: would completely custom RGB(A) values be worth it, or do you reckon the More Colors library suffices? It is certainly useful to know the names for colors, however if you wanted complete custom support, I wrote a function here you can use should you ever want to implement it.
Well, one of the main reasons to why I created this plugin over the other ones in the ones shared in the original advertisement plugin's thread was because I wanted it to be simple and easy to use for everyone, but of course I didn't forget about people who want to customize it to the max, and that's why I created the config for custom colors. If you look in the configs folder you'll see 2 configuration files for this plugin: one for advertisements and one for custom colors. Although I can't say for sure that the custom colors is working fine, the function of it is to add colors to the MoreColors trie, so let's say I add palepink to the config (which I have added as an example), then I can use {palepink} and it would represent the hex value that I have specified for palepink in the config.
I think this way is much simpler and better for the users who still don't get the idea, as it would let users share custom color configs and make things simpler overall.

This, of course, also means that we are limited to what More Colors provides us with, and from what I know it's still in beta and being worked on, but for the most part, it's a very good library when it comes to simplicity. If it has a lot of limitations, I will integrate your code w/ my current plugin and let people use custom tags, but for now I think this method is good.

Last edited by minimoney1; 05-29-2012 at 00:07.