View Single Post
KWo
AMX Mod X Beta Tester
Old 01-01-2007 , 07:20   Re: Like you told me to do BAILOPAN in PM
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex8692
bail: i'm not trying to ignore you, i actually tried saying somthing but something went wrong and i couldnt post yesterday. Anyways i'm scared i might do something wrong during disabling plugins. Should i just remove their names in plugins.ini?? should i first try to install amxx 1.76c first before disabling?
I'm not Bail, but I'l try to answer for You (if he will have time and he will feel to add something - he will do it anyway ) - Yes - first thing is installing AMX X 1.76c, becaue CSDM 2.1 requires 1.76 or higher version (that one is for sure). Disabling custom plugins in plugins.ini means You can just add the comment delimiter before the plugin name. In plugins.ini the delimiter is semicolon (";") - so the line with disabled gore plugin (just example) should look so:
;gore.amxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex8692
kwo: i never did installation of plugins that way. the way i did it was this: first i would download, then i would place all the .amxx files in plugins folder. Next i would input the plugins name in plugins.ini. Is that way wrong??? the plugins i installed that way always seemed to work. I didnt see any need to compile if they were already there.
If You did "Get plugin" You've got *.amxx files compiled to that version of AMX X which was actually (at the moment of downloading) the latest release of AMX X. So to have them compiled against the latest AMX X version - if You are upgrading Your AMX X You need to upgrade all Your custom plugins, too. Either You will do it the way I described it for You or You need to do "Get plugin" again for all Your custom plugins You have. I hope it's clear now for You why it was working and what is really necessary to get them working.
Anyway I would suggest again - install AMX X 1.76c and CSDM 2.1 - to see if everything is working, then add Your custom plugins.