View Single Post
Alex101192
Old 11-27-2022 , 17:59   Re: [L4D & L4D2] Vote Mode (1.7) [15-Jan-2022]
Reply With Quote #57

Hey silver, got back to l4d2 and decided to host a server where all mutations and modes can played. Unfortunately I came across an issue with the mutations United We Stand CO-OP and United We Stand Realism.

If I start these mutations on the dedicated by joining it from the mutation lobby, the mutation loads as expected and works perfectly. However, if you are playing any other mode that isn't one of the 3 United We Stand, and you switch to either The Coop or the realism version of United We Stand using this plugin ingame, out of the 8 bots, 4 of them are basically not playable.

They act like the passing bots, meaning they can't be controlled and just stay in their area shooting infecteds that get close. Interestingly enough, the music that's supposed to play at the start of campaign is also not playing, and the safe area itself doesn't seem to be recognized as such with no music when exiting it.

I haven't tried to see if, once you get to the second map, the mutation resets itself. Even if it does, the first level is still broken. I also want to mention that this doesn't happen with the survival version of United We Stand. That one you can load with this plugin and everything works as expected.

While I was writing this comment, however, an idea came to my mind. Because when you load united we stand from another united we stand it loads correctly, what if I tried to load with the plugin the exact same coop/realism united we stand for a second time after having loaded in?

So I voted the same mutation and it loaded correctly. So to fix the issue you can just make the plugin reload unitedcoop and unitedrealism after they are loaded and the game starts. Without this second reload 4 bots are not playing.

Last edited by Alex101192; 11-28-2022 at 03:28.