View Single Post
Jamster
Veteran Member
Old 03-20-2009 , 15:48   Re: RandomCycle+ - Tiered random maplists based on server population (Release: 19/03/
Reply With Quote #3

No problem.

With dynamic rotations you have to supply a detailed "dynamic" maplist for the server, so it sticks to that RIGIDLY, which is fine of course for that kind of control over the mapcycle.

RC+ actually picks a random map from the relative tier depending on the population of the server and compares it against the maphistory (plus current map) to make sure it's not repeating itself in any way (how far back configured by the exclude convars).

It's also fully compatible with pretty much any map voting plugin out there. I really tried to make this as self contained as I could as to not mess with any possible outside influences from other plugins and such, or even the default mapcycle, if one wishes (you can do this by setting one of the player settings to 0 or no value between both to disable the mid tier).

I think that's it! Just ask away if you have any more questions about it, I will happily answer them.

I have also just updated the plugin, I added some code to detect map dupes on the maplists.