View Single Post
DarkDeviL
SourceMod Moderator
Old 12-19-2018 , 17:34   Re: [Any] Force Auth
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoinedSenses View Post
Either your logic is based on assumptions,
I actually heard this about assumptions.

I wouldn't ever act on assumptions, what I explained above, is real life experience from many years of working with game servers, including a lot of time spend fixing numerous plugins that from the authors were giving glitchy effects, such as for example, as mentioned, in the moments where the Steam network was temporary down.

Quote:
or things have changed.
According to a look at the development history, nothing seems the have changed related to authentication on or after my last experience.

Quote:
As stated previously, this plugin is used to guarantee that the authentication events have fired, and in a specific order, during connect.
I still find it odd that you believe you can make something that the vendor specifies as to happen in "any kind of order" happen in "a specific order", without involving something else.

Quote:
Even though I disagree with you, I will re-evaluate the plugin and look for a more appropriate method to guarantee authentication to satisfy your concerns.
My concerns are for the community, and especially when code seems not always to be guaranteed to work 100% as expected. Not at all meant to piss you off or anything similar.

I re-approved the plugin now.

Dropbox FastDL: Public folder will no longer work after March 15, 2017!
For more info, see the [SRCDS Thread], or the [HLDS Thread].