View Single Post
DJ Tsunami
DJ Post Spammer
Old 07-08-2008 , 17:58   TF2 Fast Respawn 1.3 (Updated 2020/08/05)
Reply With Quote #1

Yet another fast respawn plugin. I didn't like WoZeR's plugin, because in my opinion it has a lot of unnecessary code. It also manually respawns people, which is only necessary if you want to break TF2's respawn waves, and literally have them respawn after x seconds. I used Stripper: Source for a while, but for some reason it makes map changes take way longer, up to 30 seconds longer for large maps.

So I made this plugin, combining those 2 methods. It hooks several outputs that usually change the respawn times, and then overwrites them with the ones set in the plugin. Tested on several maps, including pl_goldrush and tc_hydro (which don't abide by mp_respawnwavetime). Note that it uses the default TF2 respawn system, and the actual respawn time is double what you set the cvars to.

sm_fastrespawn_enabled (0/1, default 1)
Enable/disable fast respawn for TF2.

sm_fastrespawn_blu (default 10.0)
Respawn time for Blu team in TF2.

sm_fastrespawn_red (default 10.0)
Respawn time for Red team in TF2.

Changelog
    • Added "fastrespawn" server tag.
    • Remove entity output hooks and replaced them with a simple player death hook, it will execute a lot more but for some reason the entity outputs were very unreliable. The player death hook seems to work fine to me.
    • Simplified the plugin, fixed bugs.
    • Initial release.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (fastrespawn.sp - 750 views - 1.8 KB)

Last edited by DJ Tsunami; 08-05-2020 at 07:00.