View Single Post
strontiumdog
Veteran Member
Old 06-05-2008 , 13:43   Re: [DoDS]Bonus Round Fun
Reply With Quote #7

The trouble with thirdperson is when you change observer mode, you can't change weapons...you keep your primary.
The crosshairs also remain but at least the gun shoots where the crosshairs are!

Another problem is with TF2. If you change observer mode, and then turn off the model drawing (to get rid of the gun on screen), the player model often disappears as well. It works better in DoDS and CSS.

This is why I was asking about trying to find the handle of a player in the Scripting forum.
In Eventscripts there is a command that lets you find the handle of a player. This is very useful as it tags which weapon belongs to which player. It is also useful when setting thirdperson so you set the observer target to the player handle.

As I'm relatively new to SourceMod, I was wondering if such a command existed...

Anyway, the bonus round plugin is a good application of third person...it's fun running down the street as a flowerpot, trying to find a hiding place and watching the enemy run past. As DoDS' bonus round only lasts 15 seconds, it adds a 15 secs of fun!

Last edited by strontiumdog; 06-05-2008 at 13:50.