View Single Post
Nextra
Veteran Member
Old 02-09-2009 , 16:57   Re: Roundend Blocker
Reply With Quote #4

Jim's version often caused crashes, that is the main reason for the rewrite, and to fix these out there are (considering that the plugin is relatively small) a lots of changes in how everything but the very basic create mechanic is done and executed.
There are some differences in when and how the bots are added/kicked, and it is furthermore possible to easily deactivate the plugin by a cvar mid-game.
Also the bots are spawned instantly after creation to avoid some weird things I discovered when playtesting.
Then there's one cosmetical thing: I decided to hide the bots on the scoreboard when a player opens his scoreboard the first time so I don't have to rely on tasks which never really did what I personally wanted to achieve.
Also my version is coded with flexibility in mind. As you can see you are able to easily change the amount of Bots through constants in the header of the code and you don't have to change a single line in the code itself. It could even be used as a fake-full-style plugin in that respect.

If you only look at the very very base mechanics there is not much of a difference, of course, but I think this is useful to everybody as a bug-free (as far as I have tested it in the recent months) version of a RoundendBlocker did not exist here.
Anyways, if anyone (esp. jim) thinks that this is not enough to justify a new plugin I will respect this decision and take it back.

regards.

Last edited by Nextra; 02-09-2009 at 17:08.