View Single Post
thetech
Old 03-03-2015 , 11:25   Re: Donation Control 3.1.0 [over 1000 donations served!]
Reply With Quote #515

Okay, so, I was trying this plugins, and I must say it has some neat features, however when I tried logging into the admin panel, this error occourd "Unable to open connection to MySQL server." - But there's no issues connecting to the Sourceban database, so I'm not quite sure on where the issue is.

I saw this issue posted above, but I didn't see any answers to it.

And I'm not quite sure how to fix it, i referred to https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...&postcount=507 and tried the same, without luck.

Also, just tried to check the databases, and see if I'm able to connect with a PHP script, both work like a charm.

My solution:

I'm not sure if this was a issue casued because that I am running on diffrent databases, however, if you find yourself in problems logging in, here's what I did to fix it:
Go into admin/index.php and at line 11 change

Code:
$db = new PDO('mysql:host=' . DB_HOST . ';dbname=' . SOURCEBANS_DB . ';charset=utf8', DB_USER, DB_PASS);
To:

Code:
$db = new PDO('mysql:host=' . DB_HOST . ';dbname=' . SOURCEBANS_DB . ';charset=utf8', SB_USER, SB_PASS);

Last edited by thetech; 03-05-2015 at 12:48. Reason: Added my solution.