View Single Post
StayOx
SourceMod Donor
Old 01-12-2014 , 18:47   Re: [ANY] Cross-Server Chat
Reply With Quote #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk552 View Post
I don't know, it was pretty simple for me. I don't even use Windows so I had to boot up a bare-bones VM to test this. That is to say, it barely has anything installed on it other than a browser.

I installed Python 3.3.3, then downloaded the script, modified it according to my own instructions (in my case, I changed the hostname to "localhost", and left the port at 8000) and ran it. It produced the exact same error that you showed me. I then installed Python 2.7.6, and ran it again. It ran perfectly this time with the following message:

Code:
C:\Python27>python.exe C:\Users\dsherk\Downloads\cross-server-chat.py
Fri Jan 10 01:40:40 2014 Server Starts - localhost:8000
I was already able to explain your original problem, as well as Rads' current problem. I'm happy that you're excited about this, but I don't know what else I can do to help you get it working. You say that "only [I] can make this script work," but we have a sample size of 2 right now.

I tried with the "localhost" also apparently worked, before trying to use with external domain however the gameserver does not connect to the script ans SteamTools running fine.

Code:
Sun Jan 12 20:38:41 2014 Server Starts - localhost:8000
script setup:
PHP Code:
HOST_NAME 'localhost'
PORT_NUMBER 8000 
plugin setup:
Code:
#define DEFAULT_HOST "http://localhost:8000"

the problem:
Code:
[SM] You have not set sm_csc_host.