View Single Post
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 01-13-2017 , 16:11   Re: [Suggestions] AMXX 1.8.3
Reply With Quote #34

Depresie, calm down a bit.

1) If I understand, you want persistent speed similar to what does cs_set_user_model which enforces the same model until overwritten by another plugin?

Well, for sure if dealing with one plugin, hooking ResetMakSpeed would be the way to go. If dealing several plugins with the same way, it's going to conflict and the last plugin of the list will have the last word. It could be fine depending on the stuff you want to do, like blocking a forward. But if you want to persist a speed (against game change) and still allow any plugin to overwrite the value anytime, you are going to need an API for that. This is basically what does cs_set_user_model and we could provide the same for speed.
If following this behavior, having a native in cstrike module makes sense, actually and considering that's a setting often used/wanted, I would not mind really.

2) Considering we have gamedata now, there are a bunch of natives/forwards which could be added to take advantage of useful game functions, similar to SM, like terminating a round, switching team, setting team score, etc. I don't know exactly what yet, but some functionalities around gameplay manipulation are welcomed I guess.

3) Not totally sure to follow. You should elaborate in what context and such.

4) I would not mind, it's useful and often used.