View Single Post
AndrewJackson
Old 10-09-2016 , 08:30   Re: [ANY] Universal Chat Filter (Version 0.9.9, 2016-10-05)
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostagreatcoder View Post
Well you could use something like this in the chatfilter.cfg:
Code:
"Hide commands"
{
	"section id"	33	// whatever number you like
	"Handle commands"
	{
		"mode"		2	// replace the whole statement
		"find"		"\b!menu\b"	// \b is a word boundary
		"replace"	" "
	}
}
...but you are also aware of the "silent" command trigger "/"? Have you tried "/menu"?! This should even work without any plugin

I attempted to use option while using ckSurf (CSGO).

ckSurf plugin has a built in chat processor but it conflicts with name & message color plugins, when ckSurf's chat processing is disabled...chat and name color plugins work. Disabling ckSurf's chat processor also allows commonly used commands like !r, !restart, !b, etc... to display on the screen.

So I attempted to use the scenario quoted above to filter those commonly used commands from the chat. Using the simple chat processor version, I get no errors in the logs but the commands still show up in chat. I tried a couple different modifications of it, with no luck. Using Redwerewolf's chat processor version, the words still show up in chat along with a small text string from the plugin, and the following errors get logged:

Code:
L 10/09/2016 - 07:15:14: [SM] Exception reported: Invalid plugin address
L 10/09/2016 - 07:15:14: [SM] Blaming: chat-processor.smx
L 10/09/2016 - 07:15:14: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 10/09/2016 - 07:15:14: [SM]   [0] Call_Finish
L 10/09/2016 - 07:15:14: [SM]   [1] Line 193, D:\Files\Google Drive\SourcePawn\Projects\Chat-Processor\scripting\chat-processor.sp::OnSayText2

I'm not very familiar with using word filters and stuff so I wanted to post this here. It would be great if this could filter commonly used chat commands while still making them function as intended, especially ckSurf.