Thread: [Solved] [L4D2] MOTD Scrolling, How?
View Single Post
SEGA EMPRESS ERIS
Old 12-02-2020 , 12:33   Re: [L4D2] MOTD Scrolling, How?
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GsiX View Post
This thread best describe as:
If you put Hitler and me side by side and you have shotgun double barrel with only 2 ammo,
I ll beg you to give me a triple tap at forehead.

Of coz the motd will work, i just don't have the actual size.
I know what i am doing and i have done many website myself.
I even show you my browser screen shoot showing the html on top right
and css properties at bottom right accompany with tutorial 101 for 10 years old kids.

If you want to modify it with your own taste, do it like i did.
Your browser at empty space anywhere,
right click > inspect element(Ctrl + Shift + I) > toggle device toolbar TAB(smartphone and tablet icon). Set the size there.
Every time you change something just hit the refresh button. Just make sure the file rename mymotd.html

To answer your question, inside your server.cfg put this.
PHP Code:
motdfile    "mymotd.txt" 
the motd file name must be mymotd.txt and should be inside the same directory as the server.cfg.
Never use motd.txt as every time you do update the server, motd.txt file may be overwritten. Best to use your own custom name.

This information available all over the internet.
OK i just tried putting it in server cfg and in server.cfg folder area it did not work. also i dont have an HTML for this. Im sorry for the hassle i didnt expect to just get a scroll wheel for MOTD to be this bad. u dont have to do the fancy background and such i just need a scroll wheel for standard MOTD of L4D2 Basically this:

type !csm - in chat to change your survivor character.
type !join - in chat if stuck in spectate.
Right Click - to pass your throwable to a teammate when near them.
You can crawl when incapacitated with W key.
type !pickbot !nextbot !prevbot in chat to select a bot when on survivor team or when DEAD.

L4D2 Arcade Edition:
Tier 1 Weapons are now Tier 2 level balanced.
Pump shotguns deal double damage.
MP5 has 30 rounds, AK47 damage 58, Higher Rate of Fire than AK47, Lower Range than Tier 2 Rifles, Overall better accuracy than Tier 2 Rifles.
Uzi has 40 rounds, SCAR damage 44, Highest Rate of Fire than all guns in the game, Lower Range than Tier 2 Rifles, Overall better accuracy than Tier 2 Rifles.
SMG Silenced, has 60 rounds, SG552 damage 33, 2nd Highest Rate of Fire gun in the game, Lower Range than Tier 2 Rifles, Overall better accuracy than Tier 2 Rifles.
M16 deals 40 damage from standard 33, to give it more stopping power than SG552, which has a scope to compensate.
Infinite Ammo!

but with a scroll wheel, and a scroll wheel alone. simple MOTD like that doesnt have a problem persisting for me in l4d2 and when i update my 2 servers i just copy paste the info back into the command line so there really is no problem.

thank you for all the help thus far, it really is appreciated. <3

Last edited by SEGA EMPRESS ERIS; 12-02-2020 at 12:34.