Thread: Delete.
View Single Post
Sketchy
Old 02-06-2014 , 10:45   Re: [CSS] Respawn Management v1.9
Reply With Quote #10

If this doesnt work with CSGO than ignore the rest of my post I guess, although this would be just as nice for GO as for CSS...

What about the ability to define how long into each round players are allowed to respawn? and the ability to set that time limit to a different amount each map.

purpose of that functionality would be to allow it to work nicely on Course maps with Spawn Killers built into the maps that turn on after a certain amount of time has gone by. The time is in no way consistent across maps. I haven't tried this plugin, but I assume on a course map with a spawn killer as I mentioned above, this plugin would respawn players again and again until they ran out of respawns (rsm_lives) but if the spawn killer was active they would just get slayed again and again and spam the server etc... ?

If you were to add the timer based functionality I suggested, then along with the ability to set that time limit per map, it would also be useful to be able to also set/adjust per map, a few of the mods other cvars, like rsm_lives, rsm_respawn_delay, rsm_spawnprotect & rsm_spawnprotect_time.

Anyways, thats my .02 on how this plugin which is already clearly useful as a respawn plugin for some modes, could become beneficial to at least 1 or more additional game modes (in my case, Course maps). Also please note, I'm specifically looking to avoid using mapconfigs.smx because I'm reasonably certain it was causing some crashes at map change on my GO servers that were using it.

Last edited by Sketchy; 02-06-2014 at 10:48.