View Single Post
fastmitch97
Old 03-16-2014 , 14:06   Re: Source Dedicated Server for Mac OS X
Reply With Quote #135

Hey guys,

I've encountered a problem while trying to boot my Garry's mod server after not having used it for a while.
It worked fine through the methods and files posted in this thread but now I am getting this exact error message:

./srcds_run: line 376: 556 Bus error: 10 $HL_CMD

I've seen this error before in this thread but that was not related to garry's mod.
I've also tried to use steamcmd for a garry's mod dedicated server, as suggested in a recent post but when I enter the app ID for garry's mod (4020) after logging in anonymously and by using the command app_update, it states that the platform I'm using is currently invalid. I think this is related to some files for garry's mod not being ready to use for OS X but I'm not sure. I am using the newest set of files posted in this thread for garry's mod (in fact, I've just updated them and tried it again, same result) I'm running on OS X 10.9.1 and the dedicated server had been working fine until recently. I've followed the tutorial over and over again to see if I made any mistakes but I can't find anything I could've done wrong. Could anyone please help a bit?

Cheers,

fastmitch

Last edited by fastmitch97; 03-16-2014 at 14:07.