View Single Post
Arthur.PinionGG
Old 08-10-2016 , 14:41   Re: MotdGD vs Pinion - Low CPM countries
Reply With Quote #5

I'll chime in here with my 2c, obviously I'm biased towards our model and how I believe it's best as will MOTDGD and VPP. It's about choosing which you believe is best, consistent all year or high and low peaks. Pinion rates are more or less static but there is a major point of difference in US, UK and AU which changes the effective CPM greatly above and beyond because we pay you regardless if it's blank or filled.

For example at the moment US fill is pretty sub par, add in the whole demand for HTML5 inventory vs flash thing (with very very very few clients being flash compatible) so perfect fill is more or less a unicorn. Lets assume there's 50% fill in US, UK or AU, with us we'd pay you for all your inventory. Meaning if you factor in fill elsewhere, it means we're actually paying a $6 CPM for the ads that fill effectively. Here's a less drastic example imagine 100,000 ad slots with a 70% fill rate and a CPM of US$3.00. Pinion will pay US$300.00 (which is an eCPM of US$4.23).

Fill more or less is seasonal and industry based, so everyone more or less has the same demand and fill at all times.

But to get down to the basics of what we offer.

Tier 1 (Guaranteed regions) - United States, Australia and United Kingdom:
US$3.00 CPM - Pinion will purchase all of your inventory irrespective of any fill. If it's blank, no matter, we pay for it.

Tier 2 (Non-guaranteed regions) - Austria, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, New Zealand and Norway:
US3.00 CPM on impression basis

Tier 3 (Rest of World):
US$2.20 CPM on impression basis

We also have automatic trigger levels to boost CPMs based on clickthrough rates for the traffic these vary month to month (currently 10% - 15% for between 1-2% overall CTR).

Last edited by Arthur.PinionGG; 08-10-2016 at 14:44.