View Single Post
blodia
Veteran Member
Old 04-06-2012 , 18:08   Re: [Tutorial] Creating brush entities
Reply With Quote #47

ugh i thought i had posted about info i mentioned in my previous post but i was wrong, i tried out the method i mentioned last year sometime and it didn't work for anyone who was wondering.

TntSCS theres an entity called prop_scalable in ep2 that allows you to scale models but it doesn't seem to be available in most other games which is a shame.
closest you can do is "m_flModelWidthScale" which is used for entities being eaten by barnacles in hl2 to make models "thin" as they're being swallowed, i can't remember but i think it only affects the reference model and not the collision model though.

lol i can't count the number i times went down long paths that ended up no where. other times they eventually worked out when the answer just suddenly pops in my head like a year after giving up. getting brushes to work was one, i remember trying to get them to work in eventscripts back in 2007, 3 years later in sourcemod i got it partially working lol.

just keep at it, you'll probably find a way eventually even if its only a hacky method like most of my plugins, as far as i'm concerned something is better than nothing. just forget about it for a while and it might hit you one day.

Last edited by blodia; 04-06-2012 at 18:33.