View Single Post
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 01-04-2013 , 00:39   Re: [TF2] Third Person / Clientprefs
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by salsav91 View Post
I definitely like this. Though I have one request if possible. Sometimes when I drop connection for a few seconds the game will return me to first person, unless I either change class or !fp the !tp back into it. I was wondering if perhaps the plugin can check the player every few minutes if they are in thirdperson and if they aren't, force the command, but only if they had entered thirdperson to begin with. Again I am not sure if that is even possible, just throwing it out there.

Otherwise the plugin has been working nicely, have yet to find any other problems.
That would probably require running a timer loop over everyone to constantly reset the camera settings. It's not a ton of overhead, but not really needed unless other people have issues. It would however force compliance with other mods that mess with the camera - like how roll the dice puts you in third person when viewing your ragdoll and such (I think), and other such mods.

I have not heard of this issue. Do you start to disconnect and see the connection interrupted message, and then hear the drowning sound before coming back in?

Edit - looks like it will spam you with feedback messages if you join the game and use the command without a team//from spectate. I'll just move the notification into an alive check, so people don't have to see that. I know a lot just bind it to their mousewheel or something.

I'll also update it to use a checkcommandaccess flag/default later, been busy working on other mods.

Last edited by friagram; 01-08-2013 at 04:02.