View Single Post
SoulWeaver16
Old 11-22-2022 , 14:17   Re: Reload weapon more ammunition than allowed
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by deprale View Post
It's tough to understand, so if you have ANY amount of bullets left in your clip like even 1, or 6 or 15 or 29 when you reload you should have 31 in an ak47 for example yes?
What if you have 0 and you're reloading, does that mean that you still have 1 in the chamber?
That is correct, if you have 1, 6, 15 or 29 when reloading you would get 31 bullets in total, but instead if you have zero and you get automatic reloading, you would get 30, because the gun was fully unloaded, it does not have a bullet in the chamber.

Quote:
It's not the logic per se but how would you implement such a realistic feat in a competitive esports game? I know some sims that do this like ready or not and some other indie combat sims in early alpha on steam, but how would you implement this in 1.6?
I really didn't think of it as something serious, that is, there is a plugin that when reloading, discards the remaining bullets [Realistic Reload Mechanic] (for example, reloading with 25 bullets, 25 bullets are lost because according to the animation, you drop the magazine to the ground), forcing you to change your magazine when you have 0 bullets because you would lose the leftover bullets.
There isn't always a solid motivation for a plugin, but it's something I'd like to use in my Zombie Mod or if a "Realistic" mod is made later in CS 1.6, it would surely be included.

Quote:
I guess you could mess with m_fInReload and tasks and hooking curweapon but I doubt it's gonna be anything requested, you'd be wasting time for a niche feature (no offence) in a game where it has no place to exist, if you tell some pub guy that he's gonna have to manually press R when he reaches 0/90 he's gonna lose his mind at the thought he's getting trolled by a 3rd party plugin in a relatively competitive shooter
I guess so, but like all the ideas that I contribute to the page, they are things that I request for myself, if more people are interested, haha
Some are successful and I get support, others are not.
(New version of Back Weapons v1.87)

Last edited by SoulWeaver16; 11-22-2022 at 14:20.