Thread: Module: Okapi
View Single Post
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 02-07-2014 , 07:50   Re: Module: Okapi
Reply With Quote #2

God, this name sucks. So weird I was hesitating to continue to read.

The idea is interesting, but I'm rather skeptical on the reliability, as I remember depending binaries version, calls order are not always the same ; though this should be ok for most of things (probably!).

I'm not sure to like having a plugin more verbose, hardcoded and less readable. Also, even if dealing with config files is a pain, you can easily share them and build references index ; losing this might not a good point. I think it would be worth to add a parser for those whom want to use a config file ; something where we could use specify an alias for a treemap for example. Same for virtual functions offsets ; that's really not something which should be hardcoded.

Another thing, in your example with InstallGameRules, you're using "_Z16InstallGameRulesv", but that's not going to work for older binaries. So either you need to check x symbols name, or you need to use a treemap like you do ; but for the latter is it going to work properly for windows/linux/osx ?

Oh, where is the OSX support ?

Except that, I guess it could be useful ; I like the idea to have something more 'universal' but I hate it will be stucked like Orpheu to some structures. Well, I guess there is Rage for that.

It's promising, and I would wish you improve usability in a more friendly way to have plugin more easy to maintain and more readable.

Well, good job, anyway, eheh.