View Single Post
roywheels
Old 06-04-2010 , 02:42   Re: [L4D2] Standardized Revamp Structure (srsmod)
Reply With Quote #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
- Fixed the item issue (atleast in a quick playtest)

- Found a reason for corrupted temp health scoring .. adding Floats to Integers isnt smart
Was this causing the occasional huge scoring errors we experienced yesterday? One game resulted in the other team getting about 65000000 points. It was very amusing as they'd been losing badly up to that point. Hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicStryker View Post
The convars are OPTIONAL. They are created (when set) with the config file values. Ive merely added them so you could do map-to-map changes or stuff, but using just the config file works fine.
I understand how the config works but I'm still unsure if it's doing what it should.

The following is from my srsmod.cfg. From following your directions, I think this replaces all medkits into pills apart from those in saferooms whilst not touching defibs at all. They remain as they were.

Code:
	"Medkits, inside Saferoom"
	{
		"classname"				"weapon_first_aid_kit_spawn"
		"removal_factor"		"0.0"									// do not remove any saferoom Medkits
		"convarremove"			"srs_remove_start_medkits_factor"

"replace_factor"		"0.0"									// replace all saferoom Medkits with...
		"convarreplace"			"srs_replace_start_medkits_factor"
		"replace_classname"		"weapon_pain_pills_spawn"				// Pills!
		"convarreplaceclass"	"srs_replace_start_medkits_with"

"aroundspawnpoint"		"yes"									// this specifies the setting as "only saferoom"
	}

"Medkits, outside Saferoom"
	{
		"classname"				"weapon_first_aid_kit_spawn"
		"removal_factor"		"0.0"									// remove 60% of map Medkits
		"convarremove"			"srs_remove_map_medkits_factor"

"replace_factor"		"1.0"									// replace all remaining(!) Medkits with...
		"convarreplace"			"srs_replace_map_medkits_factor"
		"replace_classname"		"weapon_pain_pills_spawn"				// Pills!
		"convarreplaceclass"	"srs_replace_map_medkits_with"

"aroundspawnpoint"		"no"									// this specifies the setting as "all but saferoom"
	}

"Defibs"
	{
		"classname"				"weapon_defibrillator_spawn"
		"removal_factor"		"0.0"									// do not remove any Defibs
		"convarremove"			"srs_remove_defibs_factor"

"replace_factor"		"0.0"									// but do replace all
		"convarreplace"			"srs_replace_defibs_factor"
		"replace_classname"		"weapon_adrenaline_spawn"				// with Adrenaline!
		"convarreplaceclass"	"srs_replace_defibs_with"
	}
Without adding the additional/optional cvars it just doesn't work how I'd imagined. No medkits in the safe rooms and not a defib to be seen throughout any of the maps.

Adding the following cvars to the server.cfg results in the predicted affect of medkits replaced by pills apart from the safe rooms.

Code:
sm_cvar srs_remove_enabled "1" // Enable the Removal Module
sm_cvar srs_remove_map_medkits_factor "0.0"	 // remove Medkits outside of Saferoom factor
sm_cvar srs_replace_map_medkits_factor	 "1.00"	 // replace Medkits outside of Saferoom factor
sm_cvar srs_replace_map_medkits_with "weapon_pain_pills_spawn" // replace Medkits outside of Saferoom with item of this class
sm_cvar srs_remove_start_medkits_factor "0.00"	 // remove Spawning Medkits factor
sm_cvar srs_replace_start_medkits_factor "0.00"	 // replace Spawning Medkits factor
sm_cvar srs_replace_start_medkits_with	 "weapon_pain_pills_spawn" // replace Spawning Medkits with item of this class
Without those cvars in the server.cfg, the defaults just don't seem to be working as they should.

This plugin is a fantastic addition to my server and I really appreciate the work that has been done on it but I wonder if it wouldn't be better if you could use the normal sourcemod config setup of having the srsmod.cfg in the /left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod folder without any need at all of cvars in the server.cfg? Maybe there's a reason you haven't done this already- sorry if I'm being stupid and missing something.