View Single Post
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 01-15-2014 , 05:42   Re: [Hidden:Source] Team Aura / Tracer / Tracker
Reply With Quote #6

Should be possible! I'm afraid I can't make the modifications in the code for you, but I'll throw enough out there that you'll be able to try poking it or someone else with more time can do it for you.

I'm assuming by length you're meaning the lifetime of the sprite (how long it appears before disappearing) in which case, it's governed by g_flSpriteUpdate, which is hardcoded to 0.1 seconds then subtracted from by 0.05. So on lines 637, 659, and 830 you can insert your own changes or simply change the value of the variable on line 143. The higher the number, the longer the sprite appears.

For the amount of sprites, that's slightly more difficult if you have no coding experience, but by no means impossible. Essentially the lines involving TE_SetupGlowSprite(...) are creating the sprite, and the lines involving TE_SendToClient(...) are sending it to the client. If you were to copy and paste those segments so that you have two back to back, you would in effect be sending two sprites to the client. However, they'd be at the same position. So you'd have to tweak vSpritePos (which is determined above each block containing the TE_* code) slightly so that the other sprite would be visible. Unfortunately this is where you get into some voodoo math if you want to have the sprites appear at the correct positions at all angles (vectors, are they your friend?). The easiest alternative with no evil math would be to merely modify the 'z' axies of vSpritePos so that you have multiple sprites above and below, in which case an easy vSpritePos[2] += 10.0 or -= 20.0, you'd have to fiddle with it to get something you like.

I don't know what material is being used to create the effect, or what the effect appears like in-game, but that should be the rough basics needed.