Thread: Quake Sounds
View Single Post
Plugin Info:     Modification:          Category:          Approver:   GHW_Chronic (70)
hleV
Veteran Member
Old 06-14-2008 , 17:33   Quake Sounds
Reply With Quote #1

Description:
This is the Quake Sounds version for Counter-Strike. It's not the same as Counter-Strike: Source's Quake Sounds (at least I think so). I didn't even look at it. I think this is kinda unique because these sounds aren't often in servers and plugin contains some nice modes and the ability to enable/disable whichever you want.
The plugin runs 6 types of announces:
  • Streak - you know it from Ultimate Sounds: rampage, ultra kill etc. Contains 13 different sounds.
  • Headshot - same as in Ultimate Sounds except the 2 sound hear types (changed by CVAR).
  • Humiliating defeat - you hear humiliating defeat after you kill somebody with knife. Same hear abilities as HS.
  • First blood - first kill after game commences or new round (changed by CVAR) is displayed as first blood.
  • Hattrick - best player of the round with at least 4 (changed by CVAR) kills is displayed at round's end.
  • Flawless victory - if a team wins without any dead players in it (like there's 10 vs 10 and at the end it's 10 vs 0) it announces a flawless team's victory at the end of the round.
Every announce is displayed in a white HUD message over your crosshair (way over lol) except the flawless victory one, it's displayed right side of the screen below the crosshair.
Commands:
amx_quakesounds <1|0> - enables/disables Quake Sounds.
CVARs (all these are enabled by default):
  • qs_enabled <1|0> - enables/disables Quake Sounds.
  • qs_streak <1|0> - enables/disables streak mode.
  • qs_headshot <1|2|0> - 1 - hears for killer, 2 - hears for everyone, 0 - disabled.
  • qs_humiliatingdefeat <1|2|0> - 1 - hears for killer, 2 - hears for everyone, 0 - disabled.
  • qs_firstblood <1|2|0> - 1 - on game commencing, 2 - on every round, 0 - disabled.
  • qs_hattrick <num> - minimum number of kills to be the best player of the round (def: 4). 0 - disabled.
  • qs_flawlessvictory <num> - minimum number of players in server to anounce flawless victory (def: 6). 0 - disabled.
Installation:
Like any other AMXX plugin. Don't forget to put quakesounds.txt to your amxmodx/data/lang folder.
Credits:
  • Dizzy / Bmann_420 for Ultimate Sounds plugin (took streak from it).
  • Scarrzurs for Frag Counter plugin (took best player of the round from it).
  • X-olent for flawless victory code and other scripters.
  • Those who helped to test the Quake Sounds.
Notes:
  • Quake Sounds were tested with Metamod PODBots and real players on both Windows ant Linux.
  • I wont add .ini (or whatever) support for sound files or something else so please don't ask for it.
  • This is my first plugin so please tell if anything is wrong with the code.
  • Quake Sounds should work on other HL mods except the flawless victory mode. So please disable it before trying it not in CS.
  • These .wav files were downloaded from one Counter-Strike: Source server and not from anywhere else. You can freely use it wherever you want.
Changelog:
Quote:
2.0 version:
  • Rewriten the plugin.
  • Fixed hattrick. The player doesn't have to be alive at round's end.
  • Fixed flawless victory mode.
  • Removed qs_download CVAR. I believe it isn't needed.
  • Changed CVAR qs_knifekill to qs_humiliatingdefeat to be the same as sound.
1.2 Final version:
  • Changed speak to spk (exclude flawless victory) so players could hear 2 sounds at one moment.
  • Fixed Multi-Lingual.
  • Added CVARs to control HS and Knife kill sounds whether they heared only by a killer or by all players.
  • Added CVAR to control how many players needed to announce Flawless victory.
  • Simplified Hattrick CVAR so now there's only one CVAR instead of 2.
  • Changed hattrick announce conditions so the player must stay alive till round's end to be announced as the best. This also prevents players from gaining Hattrick by having 3 kills and adding one more by killing himself.
  • Added client say command qs_version. Now the players can see which QS version is installed.
Attached Files
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (quakesounds.sma - 8329 views - 7.5 KB)
File Type: txt quakesounds.txt (9.1 KB, 44451 views)
File Type: zip sound.zip (1.68 MB, 72802 views)

Last edited by hleV; 01-14-2017 at 16:36. Reason: Fixed some code concerning flawless victory announcement.