View Single Post
Rothgar
Veteran Member
Old 04-01-2010 , 20:16   Re: AFK Manager (Any Mod) (Version 3.2.6 / Updated March 13 2010)
Reply With Quote #526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_Magotchi View Post
Thanks a lot for fixing that. I'll be interested in looking at your source to see what you did to make it work.
Very simple fix, Valve normal CS Spectator mode makes the player commit suicide before moving them to spectator. This is what I do now for CS:S.

Quote:
Here's another thing I've noticed while using your plugin. Whenever the map is changed, if somebody takes longer than 60 seconds (my sm_afk_move_time) to make the switch to the new map, join a team, and move a little bit, then it will say they have been moved to spectator for being AFK.
Interesting I haven't heard this one, are you sure? I would assume people shouldn't take longer than 60 seconds to change map etc however I could look at making extra checks I guess.

Quote:
I don't know if it's related to this problem, but I have sm_afk_kick_players set to 3 (spectators only). I have sm_afk_move_spec set to 1 (Move AFK clients to spec before kicking them). I have sm_afk_exclude_dead set to 1. If someone is on a team and AFK, I want them to be moved to spectator. If they are then AFK in spectator for some more time, I want them to be kicked. I think I might be a little confused on the wording of the CVAR description of that sm_afk_kick_players CVAR. Should the settings be how I have them for what I want the plugin to do?
Yes is it not working? I would assume it might have to do with your time variables.

Quote:
Also, I have kept sm_afk_spawn_time set to 20, but it doesn't seem to do anything. What is this CVAR meant to do? Does it kick/move someone who's been sitting in spawn for that number of seconds. When I spawn and wait 20 seconds without touching the computer, nothing happens.
Yes this is a cvar for time you are at the EXACT spawn position and not moving at all. This was working on my CS:S test but I might be making some changes to this but it is working.

Have also in the new version added a cvar for excluding messages for moving "Unassigned" players to spectator. Not sure if you might be referring to this above but confirm as I would like to make a fix for the map change issue if it does exist.
Send a message via ICQ to Rothgar Send a message via AIM to Rothgar Send a message via MSN to Rothgar