Thread: Funny HL Sounds
View Single Post
Arkshine
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 07-30-2009 , 13:04   Re: Funny HL Sounds
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
i read from this forum ... the new const for new plugin is good enough then #define.. wtf?:/
From my knowledge ( If I'm right ), since the string is not repeating severals time, it's pointless to use "new const" to optimize the DATA section.

Quote:
amx speech sux
Except the delay and all players options, your plugin does the same thing... Basically nothing new, more minor things, so your plugin sucks too ?
You could add submenu like I've suggested in the second post, it would be more interesting and unique.

Quote:
i dont want to know the wave lenght, is not sanksounds is my plugin.
The purpose to know the sound length is to force player to not play a sound while another sound is still playing. You cvar is 10 by default, so if a sound length is 1 second he will have to wait 9 secondes. Knowing the lenght allows to play another sound right after or delayed a bit from this moment. For me it makes more sense to put a delay after the end of a sound.

Quote:
Use the new file natives why??? :/ plugin works well with this one's
You should see the source of read_files() natives and imagine that executed ~100 times. It will more efficient to use fopen/fgets/fclose.

write_file() you can keep it here and you could use one native : write_file( szFile, "#^n# Funny HL Sounds^n#^n", -1 );
Btw, you forget to add else {} after the check if the file exists or not.

As suggestion, you should not hardcode the max sounds, use dynamic array.

Last edited by Arkshine; 07-30-2009 at 13:14.