View Single Post
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-19-2011 , 14:14   Re: Mapchooser Extended Sounds (Updated 2011-05-16)
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaser View Post
Hey Powerlord.

I like this vote system and I also installed the sound addon but no sounds work ?? Im not new at this and followed your instructions and nothing ....
There are a few reasons this can happen. However, diagnostics help.

Are there any errors in the server console?

When you first connected after installation, did your client download several sound files?

If it did (or you don't remember), during the vote menu, do you see errors like this in your client's console (` (same key as ~) to activate on US keyboards, not sure about others)?

Failed to load sound "sourcemod\mapchooser\tf\announcer_dec_missio nbegins30s06.mp3", file probably missing from disk/repository

If so, type sv_pure into your console and see what value it returns.

If it returns 1, you need to follow the instructions under "Common Problems" in the first post. If you have trouble locating the server's hl2 directory, it should be in the same directory as the hl2mp directory is.

(Edit: I just expanded those instructions a bit, in case they were unclear)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLaser View Post
the countdown displays fine and you can vote and in the vote config I have it set for 20 maps and it still only will display 5 ...
The 5 map limit is sadly intentional. The idea was to prevent the vote menu from taking up multiple screens.

HL2DM's menus have a maximum of 7 items, but the Don't Change/Extend Map options may take up the last slot, so the real limit is 6.

With CS:S, DOD:S, and TF2, its menus show on the current screen and the 1-9 buttons cannot be used while the menu is showing. They have a maximum of 9 items, but the slot block cvar will fill the first 3 to prevent accidental votes (TF2 uses 1-5 only, 1-3 for most classes... this plugin was written with that in mind), and the Don't Change/Extend Map options may take up the last slot, leaving only 5 usable slots.

TL;DR: This is to prevent vote menus from spanning multiple pages.

I may do an experimental version that forces all games to use the HL2DM-style menus and see how that works. That will at least allow us to increase the number of maps by one and remove the need for blocked slots.

Last edited by Powerlord; 05-19-2011 at 14:43.