View Single Post
JoinedSenses
Old 12-18-2018 , 21:47   Re: [Any] Force Auth
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
It makes no sense for my server to claim you are banned, if you are not, does it?
I dont understand what you mean here. My statement is the opposite. The server will not recognize the player is banned on connect if it can't retrieve a clients steamid, which means the player could potentially temporarily evade a ban.

Quote:
Based on my experience (as well as, ... "some" others), there is like a 9/10 chance that all your players are eventually being reconnected over and over, with your current way of doing it, since you are acting in a place where you know you aren't guaranteed to have the information you need.
Either your logic is based on assumptions, or things have changed. I wouldn't have uploaded this here if I knew this plugin would cause major issues. Over the past three months of its use, at most maybe once a day, a single client will fail to authenticate on my servers and be reconnected.

I completely understand that OnClientPostAdminCheck should be used for retrieving valid client information. As stated previously, this plugin is used to guarantee that the authentication events have fired, and in a specific order, during connect.

Even though I disagree with you, I will re-evaluate the plugin and look for a more appropriate method to guarantee authentication to satisfy your concerns.

Edit: The original post attachment has been modified to create a timer with a default of 10 seconds to verify that the client has authenticated.

Last edited by JoinedSenses; 12-19-2018 at 01:54.