View Single Post
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 02-13-2017 , 22:29   Re: Galileo v5.3.0-775 (a feature rich map voting plugin) | Last Update: 2017-02-13
Reply With Quote #540

Quote:
Originally Posted by blood2k View Post
I've it set that mapcycle.txt is the servers mapcycle.. which is where 'listmaps' will list maps from too..
It is true if you configured to use the game listmaps command or if you set the nomination list to read the mapcycle.
Otherwise the listmaps command list the maps from the nomination list.

Quote:
now the 'min-player' and 'mid-player' .txt's if enabled will act as FILLER options for the votes depending on the amount of of players?
Yes.

Quote:
So.. should my min and mid player .txt's contain ALL my maps from mapcycle + a couple fillers..

or should it only contain the maps I want to be used as fillers in the vote?
Yours min and mid player .txt's will contain the maps you put on it.
If you put on them ALL your maps from mapcycle + a couple fillers, they will contain it.

Quote:
for instance if I put de_dust2,de_inferno and de_aztec into my mapcycle it will mean that those 3 maps are the only available maps on the server.. right?
Depends how you set up the cvar `gal_vote_mapfile`.
Code:
// Specifies the map file used for the Map Groups Feature to specify how // many maps to use from each group. Or also, specifies the file to use // which either holds the names of the maps, one per line, that the vote // will be filled with. // // You can specify a relative path before the filename, relative from // your gamemod folder, i.e., "addons/amxmodx/configs/mymapcycle.txt". // // Use * for all maps in the server's maps folder. // Use # for your mapcycle, i.e., whatever file is on the cvar 'mapcyclefile'. // // To disabled this feature, uninstall the `Galileo` plugin from your server. // // Default: "#" gal_vote_mapfile "my_3_popular_maps.txt"
If you set it to `#`, you map cycle will be used, therefore those 3 maps are
the only available maps on the server. Unless the min/mid players' feature
got triggered and then the maps from them are going to be used.

Quote:
if i have the min players enabled.. then if my minimum players is set to 10 and we hit 10 players on the server.. the vote will then choose from de_dust2,de_inferno,de_aztec + fillers from the min player .txt

correct?
No, if the min players got active, it will only read maps form the min players map file.

Quote:
I want only 3 popular maps available for votes until the the min and mid player cvar #'s are hit.. then let it grab from those.. accordingly.
If you want that, set the cvar `gal_vote_mapfile` mentioned above to `my_3_popular_maps.txt`
and put on the `my_3_popular_maps.txt`, those 3 maps you want to.
Later set the cvar `gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile` to the map file list you want to use when the
`gal_vote_minplayers` cvar value is hit.
Code:
// When there are less players than cvar 'gal_vote_minplayers' value on // the server, use a different map file list specified at the cvar // 'gal_vote_minplayers_mapfile' to fill the map voting as map fillers // instead of the cvar 'gal_vote_mapfile' map file list. This is the range: // //     0 < player_count < gal_vote_minplayers < MAX_PLAYERS // // A value of 0 or 1 will disable this feature. // // Default: 0 gal_vote_minplayers 0

Quote:
Did i understand this correctly?
I hope so. If you do not want to use the `mid` players map list, just set its cvar to 0:
Code:
// When there are less players than cvar `gal_vote_middle_players` and // the more or equally players than the cvar `gal_vote_minplayers` value // on the server, use a different map file list specified at the cvar // `gal_vote_midplayers_mapfile` to fill the map voting as map fillers // instead of the cvar `gal_vote_mapfile` map file list. // // If both `gal_vote_minplayers` and `gal_vote_middle_players` are set to // the same value greater than 1, the `gal_vote_minimum_players` map file // will be used. This is the range: // //     0 < gal_vote_minplayers <= player_count < gal_vote_middle_players < MAX_PLAYERS // // A value of 0, 1 or 2 will disable this feature. // // Default: 0 gal_vote_midplayers 0

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective