View Single Post
mi123645
Veteran Member
Old 08-09-2009 , 18:21   Re: [L4D] VS Infected Bots (1.7.4)
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotenKopf View Post
I have never tested this one on my coop server until today - works very impressive - it actually gives me ability to control whole gameplay by cutting spawn times for special infected to 15-20secs and tuning up to 3 hunters at the same time...
Haven't detected a single bug playing 2 hours on coop server. No crashes - works great!
Now "EXPERT" really feels like "EXPERT"...
IMPRESSIVE WORK mi123645
Many thanks
I am actually looking at the plugin very seriously, because it is MOST required plugin for my servers, so if you don't mind - I'll give you few suggestions for next version here:
1. That would be VERY helpful if you'd add cvar for enabling/disabling ability for players to join infected on coop-based servers. Pretty much annoying when some noobs are joining in a mid game, saws "the !ji" message and starts griefing by joining oposite team.
2. (OPTIONAL) IF it is possible (and I distress IF) - you should add cvars for setting numbers of all types of infected (like you did with a hunter class)...
1. Yeah, I will add that.

2. I will also add that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whosat View Post
Yeah I agree with TotenKopf on point 1.
And I can't seem to spawn when I'm in infected mode. I've to manually spawn a hunter or something to get me into the game.
My serverconsole keeps telling me about admincheats.smx blocking players from using z_spawn. Maybe you can make worldspawn spawn the bots instead?
My guess is that it only allows an admin to use those cheats (I can spawn zombies with z_spawn using the Infected Spawner as an admin) - so I guess that means using a random non-admin client won't work?
Does it say "cant use z_spawn unless sv_cheats is set to 1?" If so, another plugin may messing with that command. Worldspawn? I'm not sure what that is, but I'm pretty sure it won't allow the director to place the infected automatically.

No, admins cannot use z_spawn. The Infected Spawner plugin more than likely removes the cheat flag, executes z_spawn by using a fakeclientcommand, then puts it back like my plugin.