View Single Post
addons_zz
Veteran Member
Old 03-23-2017 , 18:07   Re: Segmentation fault - console error
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by real sap
I am facing segmentation fault only on map change server works fine for some hours then crash (No crash logs and no error)

I am using .res generator for all maps does it have any problem ?

i am using zp 4.3 fix 5 a
It is very hard to tell what is crashing. There is not easy way to find out. I have advices:

Try this clean install way procedure, but for your own AMXX version and ignoring the "Galileo Reloaded" mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by addons_zz View Post
Rename your "addons" to "addons_old" and to install a default amxmodx install at a new empty "addons" folder, but now, without any special plugin for amxmodx and metamod beyond "your troublesome plugin".

Then test if it is working.

If not, you will have to find this incompatibility.

If yes,
1) Install half yours metamod plugins and test if it is working.
2) Install half yours amxx plugins and test if it is working.

If it not work at 1 or 2 above, start from the beginning again, then just install half of half, and try, and goes on until you discover what is breaking.
Well, that solution above is just a extreme case, there is a lot of approaches, here is another example, you can start just disabling everything at metamod and amxx, then see if it is working, hence goes slowly (half by half) enabling things and see if it is working until you find it not working.

This would take for example, almost 10 steps for 1000 plugins, because at first step (disabling or enabling half), you eliminate 500 plugins.

To stops how? What are the logs contents? Can you post they here?

If there are any on the './addons/amxmodx/logs' and './logs' folders, see what you get with the '-condebug' option. If it is enabled, the 'qconsole.log' file on the 'Half-File or Game Mod' folder.
If the file 'qconsole.log' does not exist, you need to enable the condebug adding '-condebug' to the server command line options. Example:
Code:
echo "For windows:"
start hlds.exe -console -game czero -pingboost 2 +log on -autoupdate -update -condebug -noaff -debug -allowdebug -secure +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 32 +port 27013

echo "For Linux:"
./hlds_run -console -game cstrike -pingboost 2 +log on -autoupdate -condebug -noaff -debug -allowdebug -secure +map de_dust2 +maxplayers 32 +port 27015

Support me on Patreon, Ko-fi, Liberapay or Open Collective

Last edited by addons_zz; 03-23-2017 at 18:07.