View Single Post
Halt
Old 08-21-2019 , 10:44   Re: Server Help Wanted
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayoBB View Post
So just an update. I did after many hours of trial and error get "exec's", in t he source mod menu, to change game modes to work! It's hard for this old plumber, but i'm learning. (slowly)

That said i will be PM'ing people later this week when i get some free time. There is a lot i'm struggling with.

One of the minor issues is with downloads. In particular 95% people can download the maps (hosted on Microsoft azure) linked from the server, the other 5% claims it just freezes or gets stuck at a certain percentage. I'm super confused on this. I tried making a workshop map list so people can subscribe to the SAME maps i have uploaded on the server, to sort of pre-download but that doesn't seem to work either. any ideas?
That's how I learned/am still learning man. Never be too prideful to ask for help or for explanations. You can always PM me and I'll do my best to help answer any questions.

As for Azure.... I usually tell people to stick with Linux. Their OS's run better if they're acting as a server & there's a LOT of linux support. Plus its free

Check all error logs, scrds logs (your game logs located in your game dir tf/logs cs/logs hl2mp/logs) Check SM logs just incase.
And check your actual server terminal/logs. See what your server says when a player who has connection issues freezes next time. Perhaps ask one of them to join while you monitor the server. Perhaps you will find something that way.

Lastly, there are guys on here with LOTS of knowledge about LOTS of things. Just gotta find the right person. Many of the SM devs/supporters have degrees related to computers.

Last edited by Halt; 08-21-2019 at 10:44. Reason: Auto correct typo