View Single Post
ZEDD_Intensity
Old 05-05-2018 , 10:22   Re: ReHLDS Won't Start up / Show up In-Game
Reply With Quote #10

Hey,
Thanks for the reply.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mordekay View Post
1. the first startup on your second post looks fine to me. For me the server is running there.
Well, yes I thought the same, but the only problem that I noticed was, whatever port the server runs on, it just WON'T appear online, absolutely NOT accessible in game even though it shows nothing suspicious in console. Tried pretty much everything I could, from multiple clean installations to proper ReHLDS Installation without custom plugins, it just literally won't appear online.

Quote:
2. ./hlds_linux? I always started my server with ./hlds_run. The engine should then use the appropriate binary itself.
For that, yes I figured that it's not hlds_linux, I always start with ./hlds_run as well, I was just kinda tired of trying and constantly failing and so mixed 'em up. But yeah I assure you, hlds_linux was a mistake. Consider it a typo for now.
This my AutoRestart CL currently :
PHP Code:
#! /bin/bash
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=".:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH"

while [ true ]; do
        ./
hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 32 +map de_dust2 -pingboost 2 +ip 95.172.XX.XX +port 27020 -dev +log on -console -debug -condebug

echo "Server crashed at '`date`' - Restarting"

echo "Server crashed at '`date`' - Restarting" >> crash.log
        sleep 5
done 

Quote:
Other than that i have no idea what's wrong with the server, but i have to say that i don't use ReHLDS. Imo it should be banned here as it violates the license agreement of Valve.
Yeah, guess I'm gonna be stuck with this problem for a while. In case someone else finds anything additionally wrong here for about 2 more days, if not, I'll completely clean install CentOS and do everything all over again.

Makes sense ReHLDS may had to be banned as it does violate Valve's terms of use, but afterall, the fact that ReHLDS is overall drastically better than Official HLDS can't be denied . Personally, I've never felt as smooth as ReHLDS with the official release before but you clearly have a fair point. Even though, 2018 might not seem like a perfect time to think about it as HL1 is going down kinda quickly these days, so anything making it better and smoother would just be a victorious scenario.

Anyways, thanks for the reply mate. You're awesome. I'll get back with edits if this gets working again, if not, I'll just shut everything down and sleep a proper night.

Kind Regards,
ZEDD

Last edited by ZEDD_Intensity; 05-05-2018 at 10:25.