Thread: Wallhack Module
View Single Post
GoD-Tony
Veteran Member
Old 10-26-2011 , 11:09   Re: Wallhack Module
Reply With Quote #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocOrange View Post
Once a player is spotted, maybe ignore any checks on that player against players that spotted him for, say, 1 second (customisable for testing?). This may help prevent any 'flickering' of players and improve performance, especially on ramps.
This is a good idea. It should really help with flickering in double-doors situations. I'll add this in the next version to see how it works.

Quote:
Ramps are probably going to have the most issues where only a tiny gap is peaked and a very limited portion of an enemy will ever be seen, so maybe increase the points checked when players are at different heights or allow server owners to determine number of points to be checked.
There are already some changes when players are at different heights, and it basically expands the rectangles so that one point is always visible if a player is peeking. It may need some tweaks though.

Quote:
As player numbers reduce, use more checking points for models.
In smaller servers allow heavier checking of model positions Maybe allow the number of extra points to be customisable?
As of recent versions it already does this, but in another way. In small servers players will be checked for visibility on every frame, but as the server grows it will start using prediction and only calculate every other frame or more.

Quote:
The engine can only handle running so many traces in one frame that this would overload it. That's not a SourcePawn limitation either. Using just C++ it only brings a 5-10% speed advantage and that's only in the math. We would be better off assuming that we have to stick with 10 points and find the best configuration possible.

Assuming you're talking about a 5v5 situation, the absolute max with that amount of players would be 12 points.

Quote:
I'll be honest here and say my primary reason I want this is for mixes/scrims where client-side anti-cheats aren't used.
That's great, because I'd like this module to be working as best as it can.

Quote:
Maybe allow another toggle so that only players from one team are checked to further reduce the number of checks necessary on each frame.
This is an interesting idea. If you're running your own clan server, there is no point in processing your own team (assuming no one on your team is cheating).

Quote:
And finally something strange spotted while testing, on Dust2 for some reason it allows TS to see through the double doors whilst CT can't (using r_drawothermodels 2).
Interesting because I only tested this map with T's and didn't notice it. I'll have to look into that.